Renovating and Building to suit your lifestyle is key to success
Building and renovating is not just about planning and budgeting. Often people renovate and build homes because it gives them the freedom to design a home that suits their lifestyle. Gone are the days of formal lounges and dining rooms. Instead, people are opting for open plan style homes with integrated outdoor living and entertaining areas.
From our experience in helping our clients design and build their lifestyle into their homes, here are some important points to think about:
- Workspace – are there areas which could be utilised as a workspace eg underneath a staircase, make clever use of these areas to incorporate functional and stylish spaces
- Entertaining – Does your entertainment space give you room for that dream table you have in mind? What type of appliances would you like in your entertainment spaces eg fridges, TVs (including access to power points, internet connections)?
- Outdoor cooking – will you use your outdoor area as a cooking space? Does the design allow for proper ventilation? Ensure you have the right dimensions for fitting appliances into certain spaces – Do you require gas and water to be connected?
- Storage – consider both your indoor and outdoor storage areas, do you have enough storage for items such as vacuum cleaners (including accessible power points for recharging), luggage, wine, boats, surfboards, bikes
- Garage – how many cars spaces will you need? Do these all need to be enclosed or undercover? Have you incorporated a workspace for tools, mowers etc
- Pool – will the pool form part of your outdoor entertaining area? Have you allowed enough room for fencing and landscaping? Can you easily see the kids in the pool if you’re entertaining? Think about what finishes will work in and around your outdoor areas – there are loads of fabulous materials available that are cost effective and environmentally friendly.
Our clients who have designed their homes around their lifestyle choices have truly been able to build a home that improves their quality of life and suits their day to day living needs. It is often easy to get caught up in the smaller details such a choosing tiles, tap fittings, floor coverings etc. While these are all important features of your home, to step back and take a look at the bigger picture of how you want to live in your home is a good way to make sure you get the most out of your renovation or build.
At L.A.K. Constructions we work closely with architects and draftsmen and enjoy building homes that are unique to our clients. We recently completed a renovation which included a turntable in the driveway to enable to the clients to exit their property safely. We have done some great wine cellars and fabulous kitchens for entertaining the masses. Why no get some inspiration from our past projects here http://lakconstructions.com.au/our-projects/
Building and renovating is meant to be a rewarding and exciting process where the end product is a home that you enjoy living in with your family and friends. In using L.A.K. Constructions, our knowledge and experience become important tools for you as a client to ensure you are making informed decisions along the way. To get in touch with our team head to our contact page http://lakconstructions.com.au/enquire/