A stylish eco-friendly new build
This stunning eco-resort style home was architecturally designed and custom built for a professional couple using Green Smart building concepts. L.A.K. Constructions used a variety of new and recycled materials to achieve a modern yet earthy appearance that allowed the home to blend into the bush landscape at Mt Cootha.
The home utilised Green Smart Building features such as:
- Efficient Grey water treatment plant
- Energy saving Solar Power and pool heating
- 50,000L rainwater tanks to maintain gardens and supply toilets
Additional stunning design features radiated luxury and elegance. Some of these features were:
- Uniquely high ceiling and timber bulkheads
- Extensive hardwood floors, walls, decks, seating and screens
- Stunning polished concrete floors
- Impressive 25m lap pool nestled around bushland
- Rustic retainer wall using existing rock materials
This was a large project with 427m2 of living area and a 960m2 block which posed several challenges which included working within the restrictions of the existing block, easement overflow and contours. Using recycled timber and utilising numerous materials and finishes was labour intensive but produced an excellent result.
L.A.K. Constructions rose to the challenge and worked with the architects to resolve issues as these occurred without unnecessary delays resulting in the home being completed in 12 months. Luke and the Team were able to draw on their years of expertise in working with timber and managing projects on difficult sites.
The outcome was a luxurious yet eco-friendly home; skilfully integrated into the landscape with modern features. The project’s use of Green Smart Building principles and recycled materials provided long-term economic and environmental benefits.